The World Federation of the United Nations Associations (WFUNA) is calling for Model United Nations trainers to apply to staff the WFUNA Youth Camp Korea from January 16-25, 2015!
The WFUNA Youth Camp Korea is a week-long residential Model UN camp for high school, middle school, and elementary school students in Korea. Trainers will help students learn about the United Nations, public speaking, research, consensus-based negotiation, and resolution-writing. The week culminates in a Model UN simulation using the UN4MUN Rules of Procedure. Best Delegate will be leading the training, and a representative from the United Nations Department of Public Information in New York will also be teaching several modules and observing the camp.
Trainers must arrive by Friday, January 16th. Staff training will take place from January 17-18. The camp takes place from January 19-24. Closing ceremonies is in the morning of January 25th, and staff can depart starting in the afternoon of January 25th. The camp will take place at Hanyang University ERICA campus in Ansan, Republic of Korea (a suburb of Seoul).
WFUNA is recruiting ten Korean university students and ten international university students to staff the program. Trainers who make good candidates would be able to meet the responsibilities and qualifications below. The application is here.
- Leading multiple public speaking practice sessions.
- Guiding students during research labs and providing feedback on position papers.
- Helping students understand the United Nations, post-2015 sustainable development, foreign policy, and consensus-based negotiation.
- Serving as a Secretary to an elected student Chair during the Model UN simulation.
- Facilitating a fun and educational environment through mentoring and icebreakers.
- Providing supervision and safety throughout the program.
- Experience in teaching or training high school, middle school, or elementary school students.
- Expertise in Model UN public speaking, research, negotiation, and resolution-writing.
- Knowledge of UN4MUN rules of procedure is a huge plus.
- Fluency in speaking and writing Korean is a plus.
- A focus on delivering the best educational experience for students, including a balance of a fun and engaging teaching style with the maturity to respond to behavioral or safety issues.
- Past experience working on programs with WFUNA, UNAs, Best Delegate, at actual UN meetings, with English as Second Language students, or with other residential camps will also be considered.
- Learn from and teach with staff from UNDPI, WFUNA, and Best Delegate.
- Trainer Certificate from the WFUNA Secretary-General.
- Housing is covered throughout the training and camp dates (nights of January 16-24).
- Meals are covered throughout the camp dates (January 19-25).
- ₩200,000 stipend.
Please apply here by November 21, 2014. Interviews and staff selection will take place on a rolling basis, and the application may be closed before the deadline if all trainer positions have been filled. Questions can be directed at: firstname.lastname@example.org.