UNA-USA announced the Senior Secretariat for its 2011 Global Classrooms International Model United Nations Conference (GCIMUN) today! Sam Lichtenstein from the Johns Hopkins University will be serving as this year’s Secretary-General. Formerly known as UNA-USA MUN, the GCIMUN conference will be held May 12-14, 2011 in New York City and serves as the culmination of UNA-USA’s worldwide Global Classrooms program.
Congratulations to the entire 2011 Senior Secretariat:
- Secretary-General: Sam Lichtenstein (Johns Hopkins University)
- Director-General: Nora Radtke (University of Chicago)
- Chief of Staff: Jeniffer Kim (American University)
- Chief of Operations: Robert Townley (McGill University)
- USG of General Assemblies: Milan Stanic (Seton Hall University)
- Deputy USG of General Assemblies: Austin Matthews (Schreiner University)
- USG of ECOSOC: Gael Black (State University of New York – Albany)
- USG of Programs & Funds: Courtney Lee (University of Texas at Austin)
- USG of Security Councils: Chuck Roberts (Columbia University)
- USG of Crisis: Vishal Kumar (University of Texas at Austin)
- USG of Conference Services: Legna Perez (Seton Hall University)
- USG of Logistics: Vinnie Sanchez (Columbia University)
Also, Kelly Siegel will be serving as the head event coordinator from the UNA-USA side this year.
Applications for staffing positions at GCIMUN and other UNA-USA Global Classrooms conferences across the country will be available in December.
One other note: Sam, Nora, Jeniffer, and Milan will be featured in Best Delegate’s free eBook: How Model UN Can Help You Get into College. The eBook will be available on Monday, November 15th!
Editor’s Note by Kevin Felix Chan
As a former Secretary-General of the UNA-USA MUN Conference, I am extremely proud of Sam and his leadership team and am looking forward to the excellent conference they will undoubtedly run in May. On a more personal note, it has been fulfilling to follow the Model UN careers of some of my friends in this group, including:
- Jeniffer Kim was an award-winning delegate when I chaired Historical Security Council at the UCLA BruinMUN Conference way back in 2005 and has grown to become Undersecretary-General last year and Chief of Staff this year
- Milan Stanic gaveled as a delegate when I was Secretary-General of UNA-USA MUN in 2008 and is now an Undersecretary-General for this year’s conference
- Gael Black served on a UNA-USA MUN dais with me and is now also an Undersecretary-General
Model UN is about the friendships developed in the circuit and becomes an inspirational experience when you see those friends grow into the leaders of today. Best wishes again to the entire Senior Secretariat!