Best Delegate will be liveblogging at two major conferences this weekend: Model United Nations of the University of Chicago (MUNUC) and UNA-USA’s Global Classrooms New York conference. We have conference previews below as well as links to all of this week’s conferences around the country, our top conference features from last weekend, and the launch of our new guide: How to Win Awards in Model United Nations!
Model United Nations of the University of Chicago (MUNUC)
Model United Nations of the University of Chicago is one of the largest conferences in the United States and will be holding its 23rd session this weekend in Chicago, Illinois. The conference will be simulating 25 traditional UN committees divided evenly among five categories: General Assemblies, ECOSOC, Specialized Agencies, Regional Committees, and Continuous Crisis Committees. The Secretary-General is Reece Trevor.
Last year’s Outstanding Delegate winners came from a variety high school powerhouses. Highland Park High School (Illinois) led the way with seven Outstanding Delegate winners and was followed closely by Huntington Beach High School (California) with six, the Miami Valley School (Ohio) with five, and Deerfield High School (Illinois) with four. Walter Payton College Prep (Illinois) and the Little Flower Academy (British Columbia) also had multiple Outstanding Delegate winners.
UNA-USA’s Global Classrooms New York (GC NY)
UNA-USA’s Global Classrooms New York Model UN Conference is one of the largest of the Global Classrooms (GC) conferences as New York City has over 80 participating high schools and middle schools in the program. This conference is the first one of the GC season and will be held at the City College of New York with an expected attendance of over 800 delegates participating in eight traditional UN committees. The Secretary-General this year is Marco Alberti from Seton Hall University.
- U. Chicago’s MUNUC
- UNA-USA’s Global Classrooms: New York City
- American’s AUMUNC
- MIT’s MITMUNC
- North Carolina’s UNCMUNC
- Houston Area MUN conference
- Florida’s GatorMUN
- Huntington Beach High School’s Surf City MUN
Check out our live coverage from Harvard’s HMUN, U. Penn’s ILMUNC, and McGill’s McMUN!
- Smooth Speeches and Live Video Keynote at Opening Ceremonies
- HMUN Draws 2,900 Delegates from 35 Countries
- Harvard Emphasizes Technology and Social Media
- Interview with…Ryan Villanueva?!
- Interview with Secretary-General Alec Barrett
- Harvard Leaks Best Delegate Guide on How to Win Awards!
- Best Delegation Awards to Dalton, Horace Mann, John Connon, and Canterbury
- Harvard Draws Students from Around the World
- Invisible Children at Opening Ceremonies
- Favorite Things About Model UN
- Committees in Action (photos)
- Interview with Secretary-General Zach Stone
- Breaking News: DJ Earworm at McParte
- Afghanistan in Crisis
- Committees in Action (photos)
- Don’t Be Evil – Spotlight on Google Board of Directors
- Why We Love McMUN
- Best Delegation Awards to Georgetown, Columbia, Michigan State, Rutgers, and West Point
- Interview with Secretary-General Nida Nizam – What Makes McMUN Innovative and Fun
Best Delegate launches the How to Win Awards in Model United Nations guide! Check it out!