Welcome to the Best Delegate Model UN Forums!
If you're reading this post, then you're part of a small, select group of MUNers who has been invited to be the first to check out and use the new Best Delegate Model UN forums! Welcome, and thank you!
The purpose of these forums is to improve communication between the members of the Model UN community. This includes students and teachers, advisors and parents, head delegates and conference organizers, across all grade levels through college, university, and beyond. This is part of Best Delegate's larger mission to promote the activity by helping students, teachers, and parents get started and find success in Model UN.
In essence, I want anyone, anywhere, to be able to ask their Model UN questions on these forums. I'm particularly referring to:
- Students, teachers, and parents who are new to Model UN and need help with research and preparation
- Teams that are looking for ways to improve in Model UN
- Advisors who are wondering which Model UN conferences to attend
- Advisors who would also like to post reviews about recently attended conferences
- Chairs and conference organizers looking to share best practices
- "MUNtrepreneurs" and thought leaders in Model UN who want to discuss the current state and the future of the activity
I've currently set up 2 forums, one for the general Model UN community and another one specifically for advisors. I would like to see this 2 forums become active first before adding any new forums to address more specific topics in Model UN.
These forums also include a blogging feature. This allows MUNers to start their own Model UN blogs and create their own content, which can be shared with other members of these forums, as well as on the main Best Delegate blog. I think this will be a powerful feature for Press Corps committees to use at Model UN conferences.
Please reply to this post and let me know what you think about the forums! I'm particularly interested to know:
- Is it simple and easy to register for the forums?
- Is it straightforward to create posts and threads?
- How should we start inviting MUNers to use the forums and make them more active?
I'd also like to thank a few people who've been encouraging Best Delegate to launch forums:
- Parsa Sobhani, who's been urging us to create new ways for users get engaged and create content since the beginning
- Bob Timberlake of Mira Costa, who suggested that we create a forum specifically for advisors
- Rachel Cheong, a Best Delegate fan who simply wondered why we didn't have forums already!
To answer your questions at the end of the post:
1.I've got to say, the registration process for the forum really is a breeze!
2.Creating posts and threads are two pretty good ways of encouraging others to join or even start a discussion on a particular MUN issue they're interested in.
3.Starting with difusion from the people who already belong to the forum, I think creating business cards to hand out at the MUN conferences you attend is a great way of reaching out to MUNers interested in improving their MUN club, program or their individual talents as delegates.
Thank you! And I agree, business cards are a great idea! KFC and I hand out Best Delegate business cards at the conferences we attend, but perhaps MUN clubs should consider creating their own cards, perhaps even a different card for each conference depending on the country they represent; they would hand them out during caucus.
Originally Posted by Gabriela19th
You are very right Ryan with the passage of time and with the speed era it is really one of the big challenge to make such an attractive for the more attraction of the customers.so according to the this point of view it was really a wonderful idea to do the work with these cards.