Middle school students got the spotlight for a second week in a row. We featured the Global Classrooms Middle School conference last weekend, and this weekend we featured the Montessori MUN conference where middle school and elementary school students discussed about international issues!
New York continues to hold the spotlight this weekend with over 5,000 students attending two NMUN conferences. Best Delegate will be liveblogging at NMUN! There is plenty of action in Chicago and around the world too including ChoMUN, the final college conference for this season in North America.
Montessori Model United Nations (MMUN)
- Montessori MUN Opening Ceremonies, Pledge to Earth, & 1/100th-size replica of the UN
- Montessori MUN Delegates in Action! Plus 4th graders talk though on…taxes?!
- Meet Montessori MUN Executive Director Judith Cunningham
- A Personal Reflection on Model UN & Montessori — Guest Post from Camille Moro
National Model United Nations in New York (NMUN New York)
The National Model United Nations conference is actually two conferences held in New York — one is at the Sheraton and another is at the Hilton, and both have closing ceremonies at the United Nations. Combined, the conference draws over 5,000 college delegates from around the world to participate in twenty committees and numerous other activities including delegate workshops. Secretary-General Ronny Heintze leads two staffs of college students that are drawn from around the world. The hosting organization is the National Collegiate Conference Association.
Conferences this weekend
- Chicago Model United Nations (ChoMUN), Chicago, USA – college
- UNA-USA’s Global Classrooms Chicago (GC Chicago), Chicago, USA
- New York Dominican Republic Model United Nations (NYDRMUN), New York, USA
- Bremen International Model United Nations (BRIMUN), Bremen, Germany
- St. Andrew’s International Model United Nations (SAIMUN), Dublin, Ireland
- Malaysian Model United Nations (MYMUN), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Best Delegate News
- 15 Tips to Being a Good Committee Chair
- Harvard Launches New College MUN Conference in Latin America