The MUNday posts are now back after a break for the Holidays! We here at Best Delegate hope that everyone had a great holiday and happy New Year. The past few weeks have been busy for Best Delegate. There have been multiple guest posts by David Jason Gershkoff Slusky about grad student Model U.N. involvement, CMUNCE XI liveblog, the 2012 liveblog schedule has been updated, and Ryan’s keynote speech!
Best Delegate’s Ryan gave the keynote speech at MVHSMUN! Check it out here.
“I gave the keynote speech at this weekend’s Mission Viejo High School Model United Nations Conference, which was a special moment for me because it marked several personal milestones. Mission Viejo is where my Model UN journey began over ten years ago as a high school freshman. I was Secretary-General of the conference in my senior year. And I realized that this would be the 100th Model UN conference I’ve ever attended. I felt like I had come full circle.”
Click here for Ryan’s conference coverage.
This year’s Columbia Model United Nations Conference and Exposition (CMUNCE XI) contained a number of diverse committees. From the more traditional Security Council to historical committees such as the Detante and Confrontation 1979 and Trojans vs. Achaeans to fantasy committees like the Game of Thrones and Harry Potter: Order of The Phoenix. There were also multiple midnight crises on Friday night, in Committees like the Yalta Conference and Order of The Phoenix. Delegates found the crises to be an overall great experience. One delegate said that though they had never participated in a crises before the dais was helpful in clarifying what was going on and it made the committee more exciting and the overall experience more memorable.
Best Delegate will be liveblogging from YMUN.
Now in its thirty-eighth year, YMUN continues to be the one of the largest and most prestigious conferences on the high school Model UN circuit. YMUN is not just about competition, however: what distinguishes YMUN from other conferences is its unique dedication to fostering a educational atmosphere in which delegates can really learn about international relations through Model UN, as well as its deep commitment to the idea of global citizenship.
- Yale Model United Nations (YMUN)
- Boulder High School Model United Nations
- Edison High School Novice Conference
Best Delegate News
- Watch My Keynote Speech, “Proud to Be Part of the Model UN Community”
- Update: 2012 Model UN Liveblog Tour Schedule
- CMUNCE XI Liveblog
- 10 Ways for Grad Students to Get Involved in Model UN
- Top 10 Reasons Why Grad Students Should Do Model UN
- Reflection: What Happened to All My Gavels?
- GCIMUN Call for Secretariat Applications!
- Model United Nations Turkey (MUNTR)
Model U.N. News
- Priory’s Model UN Club
- Pakistan’s biggest MUN kicks off
- Miller Family YMCA Model UN delegation forming
- STUDENT COLUMN: Inside model government in Prague
- Commack Students Compete in Model UN Conference
- UN General Assembly to come alive in city
- VNIT to host Model UN meet