It’s Fall Championship weekend! College and high school students will be participating at some of the largest Model UN conferences of the Fall semester in multiple regions. Best Delegate will be liveblogging from UPMUNC and RHSMUN with a bonus Saturday visit to PMUNC! The Fall college and high school rankings and methodology will be released shortly after this weekend. In the meantime, please email November awards information to Kevin at email@example.com and check out some more results below.
Conference Recaps & Results
Cornell International Affairs Conference (CIAC)
The second session of the Cornell International Affairs Conference (CIAC) was held in Ithaca, NY from November 17 to November 20. Featuring innovative simulations ranging from the secret Illuminati to the East African Water Wars held in 2020, the delegates were transported out of this world for the duration of the weekend. Check out the conference recap!
Virginia Model United Nations (VAMUN)
J.P. Stevens High School (New Jersey) won Best Large Delegation at VAMUN. The team dominated by taking home 11 Best Delegate awards out of 21 committees and also had 7 Outstandings, 6 Honorable Mentions, and 6 Verbal Commendations. Princeton High School (New Jersey) won Outstanding Large Delegation and Stonewall Jackson High School (Virginia) won Best Small Delegation.
Brown University Simulation of the United Nations (BUSUN)
The Canterbury School (Florida) continued to make a statement as one of the strongest small delegations in the country. It took 13 delegates to BUSUN and 10 of them received awards including 5 Best Delegate gavels.
Best Delegate‘s Kevin Felix Chan will be liveblogging this weekend from UPMUNC to cover the largest college conference in the Fall. KFC will also make a bonus stop to visit PMUNC which is at capacity with around 1,200 delegates this year. Best Delegate‘s Ryan Villanueva will be covering RHSMUN which is in its first year in its new home in San Francisco.
UPMUNC claims thousands of individuals as alumni who have appreciated the conference’s innovation, magnitude, and spirit. With a forty-four year history, Ivy League charm, and the setting of America’s first capital and home to the nation’s first diplomat, Benjamin Franklin, UPMUNC epitomizes the rich university-level Model United Nations experience.
The Regional High School Model United Nations (RHSMUN) just moved from Salt Lake City to its new home in San Francisco. The conference is hosted by the IMUNA organization (which also runs NHSMUN) and focuses on “Education through Simulation.” Secretary-General Molly Williams from Mount Holyoke College leads an all-volunteer staff from various universities.
PMUNC is hosted by Princeton University’s International Relations Council, a subsidiary of the American Whig-Cliosophic Society—the oldest collegiate political, literary, and debating society in the United States and still the largest student-run extracurricular body at Princeton. Since its creation, PMUNC’s main goal has been to engage high school students in issues currently being debated on the international stage, teach diplomacy by asking hard questions, foster serious discussion, and ultimately further the skills required to reach a compromise and build a consensus. The 2011 conference is at capacity and will be led by Secretary-General Grace Kim.
Other conferences this weekend:
- Model United Nations of San Antonio (MUNSA)
- Great Lakes Invitational Model United Nations (GLIMUN)
- YMCA Louisiana Model United Nations
- CASC Summits
- Colorado Springs Model United Nations
- Paris Model United Nations (PAMUN)
- Bonn International Model United Nations (BIMUN)
Best Delegate News
- New Conference in NYC: Change the World Model United Nations
- Breaking News: Announcing the 2012 Global Classrooms International MUN Secretariat!
- Happy Thanksgiving to the Model UN Community!
- Model United Nations Conference Database: 2011-12
Model U.N. News
- Model UN prepares for feats ahead
- Stuyvesant Model UN Ranked 8th in Preseason
- Model UN panel takes on sustainability
- Conference gives confidence
- MUN Wins Top Awards at Santa Barbara Competition
- Students compete at Model Untied Nations Conference
- High schoolers talk politics at UM
- Model UN wins competition
- Model UN Participants To Debate World Issues At UM
- Sage Model UN Club at Northeastern University
- Model UN teaches students diplomacy
- Mount Notre Dame students earn honors at Model UN event
- MUNIC 2011: Young delegates gather to define diplomacy
- Halfmoon Bay native shines at Model UN conference
- CMC Diplomacy Wins the Day at Model UN Conference