Best Delegate will be teaching Model UN this Summer at UC Irvine and Yale University! We’ve received strong interest in both camps and their registration deadlines are coming up soon: March 31 for the UC Irvine Camp and April 15 for the Yale Camp. Click here to learn more about both camps.
Best Delegate will be liveblogging at the Washington Area Model United Nations Conference (WAMUNC) and the El Toro High School Model United Nations (ETHSMUN) this weekend. Our very own Kevin Felix Chan will be one of the keynote speakers at WAMUNC and we have the conference preview below.
The 21st annual World Model United Nations Vancouver 2012 Conference will be held from March 11-15. Delegates shared five days (and nights, reminded Secretary-General Kathleen Tang) debating, writing resolutions, wearing suits, maybe a little partying, and perhaps most importantly, meeting awesome, driven, like-minded people from around the world. (Note: more about WorldMUN to come!)
Over the weekend of March 8, 46 delegates came to Providence, RI for the inaugural session of the Brown University Crisis Simulation (BUCS). Despite the small numbers, BUCS proved to be an engaging and stimulating experience for the delegates as they tackled some of the world’s most pressing issues.
O-MUN launched in Fall 2011 and is currently the world’s only online debating platform for high school students. The program includes monthly global debates, weekly regional debates, and outreach to parts of the developing world to expand the scope of the Model UN community.
The Florida International University Model UN Program (FIU MUN PRO) hosted the Florida International Model United Nations conference (FIMUN) on its campus. This year marked the 25th anniversary of FIMUN, making it the longest running MUN conference in both Miami and South Florida.
For its 37th year, Houston Area Model United Nations— the oldest conference in the south—convened at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, TX. With a record number of just under 900 delegates, Secretary-General Courtney Lee led the largest and most successful conference to date.
MariMUN 2012, hosted by Marianopolis College in Montreal, Quebec, is the province’s only bilingual conference of its kind.
The University for Peace is a UN mandated university that offers eight one-year Master’s programs ranging from Gender and Peace Studies to Environmental Security. With a current student population of over 150 students from over 50 countries, the student body undoubtedly represents the diversity of the real United Nations.
The Washington Area Model United Nations Conference , a 4 day long exercise in diplomacy, international affairs and global knowledge, is one of the premiere model united nations conferences in the United States. Over the four days, the goal of WAMUNC is to provide an educational experience through stimulating thoughts and ideas through simulation. Further, WAMUNC’s location in the nation’s capital allows delegates to experience briefings, lectures, and speeches from leading professionals in related fields. All these experiences culminate to make WAMUNC stand apart from the other Model UN conferences available to secondary school students.
- Wisconsin High School Model United Nations (WHSMUN)
- North Coast High School Conference – Lake Erie International
- Washington Area Model United Nations Conference (WAMUNC) – George Washington University
- Michigan State University Model United Nations (MSUMUN)
- El Toro High School Model United Nations (ETHSMUN)
- Virginia International Crisis Simulation (VICS)
- Model United Nations of the University of Salamanca (MUNUSAL)
- Rome Model United Nations (ROMEMUN)
- Model European Union (MEU)
- Asia International Model United Nations (AIMUN) – Peking University
- University of Michigan Middle School Model United Nations (MIMUN)
Best Delegate News
- Model UN Summer Camp Registration Deadlines:
- UC Irvine 3/31, Yale 4/15
- Brown University Crisis Simulations (BUCS) Hosts Its Inaugural Session
- St. Andrew’s Priory School from Hawaii Reflects on their First NHSMUN Conference
- Houston Area Model United Nations (HAMUN) 2012: Getting Bigger and Better in Texas
- Marianopolis Model United Nations (MariMUN) 2012: Making Model UN Diverse and Bilingual
- The UN-Mandated University for Peace Hosts Model United Nations Conference in Costa Rica
- WorldMUN 2012 Liveblog: Vancouver Welcomes the World Again
- Online Model United Nations (O-MUN): An Online Platform for Anyone, Anywhere to do Model UN
- Florida International Model United Nations (FIMUN) Celebrates Its 25th Anniversary; Honors Teacher Who Prepared Students While Fighting Cancer
- Nothing But Nets: Contest to NETwork with the Secretary General
- ILMUNC 2012 Secretary-General Phill Venice Talks About the Future Growth of Model UN
Model U.N. News
- Model U.N. results listed
- Model UN win sets the tone for future conference
- Students to Participate in Model United Nations Conference in Havana
- KHS Model United Nations team
- SVSU student takes top honors at North American United Nations competition
- RNE wins for the 23rd time
- Model UN Team Participates in Four College Practice Session
- Chicagoland Jewish High School UN Team earns second place
- Israelis and Arabs pursue peace at model U.N.
- Elizabethtown College students participate in model United Nations conference
- Sarah Lawrence Takes on Diplomacy: Model UN at Harvard
- Beachwood High School senior Louis Rosenbaum excels in Model United Nations events
- FHSU Students Participate in Model United Nations Conference In St. Louis
- Students travel to New York Model UN
- Kenmore East wins Model UN competition
- Lusíada University at Harvard World Model
- UBC hosts World Model United Nations
- Lawrence middle school students do well at regional competition of Model U.N.
- Tech Sends Model UN Delegates