Purpose: The purpose of the North American College Model UN All-Star Team is to recognize exemplary individuals in the college MUN community who have made a difference inside and outside of committee. These could be but are not necessarily limited to just the best delegates or award winners; conferences already determine those. Rather, the North American College MUN All-Star Team should be representative of the best and most respected leaders in the community. They are diplomatic and skilled in committee, help strengthen the relationships between schools, provide thought leadership, and make the Model UN experience better for the entire community.
Process: College students who participated as a delegate or staff member in at least one college Model UN conference in North America (the United States and Canada) during the 2014-2015 academic year are eligible to submit one Ballot that includes the names of up to ten delegates or staffers from the North American college circuit. Due to the All-Star Team’s emphasis on community, students may only vote for up to two delegates or staffers from their own school out of the ten total votes and students may not vote for themselves. Ballots will be accepted starting from Tuesday, April 21, 2015 until Monday, April 27, 2015 at 11:59pm Pacific time.
Each name will be counted as one vote. Votes will be tallied, and the students receiving the most votes will be given North American College All-Star Team honors. Name or school misspellings or inconsistencies will be manually edited to the best of our ability, and calculated results will be manually checked for accuracy. Best Delegate reserves the right to determine if any Ballots are invalid per the Ballot Rules below.
Eligibility to Submit a Ballot:
- Student must have participated as a delegate or staffer in at least one college Model United Nations conference located in North America (United States and Canada) during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Student must include their name, email, school, and head delegate information. This information may be used to verify participation on the college MUN circuit.
- Ballots go live starting from Tuesday, April 21, 2015 and will be accepted until Monday, April 27, 2015 at 11:59pm Pacific time. Ballots submitted afterward are considered invalid.
- Delegates or staffers named in the Ballot must have participated in at least one North American college Model UN conference during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Each eligible student may only submit one Ballot. Multiple Ballots submitted with the same name and personal information will render all Ballots from the same name as invalid.
- Each eligible student may vote for at least one and up to ten delegates or staffers from the North American college MUN community. However, students may not vote for themselves, and students may only vote for up to two other students from the same college as the one they attend.
- Votes must be written in with the correct format as shown in the Ballot.