Best Delegate is hiring again! We’re looking for MUN superstars to help expand our team of Media Associates so that we can provide the best Model UN resources and continue to promote the Model UN community and its success stories. We would love to have you on board if you are already a fan of Best Delegate and want to give back your experience to make the activity even better. Applicants with native or fluent writing abilities in a high-demand language will be highly considered.
The job description, qualifications, and application process are detailed below. Applications are due December 17, 2012.
The company: Best Delegate is a leading education organization dedicated to helping students and teachers around the world find success in Model United Nations. Learn more about our work and our team at: http://bestdelegate.com/about/
The role: The Best Delegate Media Associate position is ideal for an experienced Model United Nations leader looking to make a difference in the activity and its community. The Media Associates will be at the center of providing the best Model UN resources and promoting the Model UN community through our website, a premier source of Model UN information read by over 200,000 readers from 190+ countries and territories annually. The Media Associates will be responsible for writing and publishing content on our blog and social media platforms, growing viewership, developing various resources, and promoting Best Delegate in their region.
The Media Associate position is for the Spring 2013 semester starting in January 2013 and ending in May 2013. The position is considered to be an unpaid internship.
- Publish original blog articles, stories, lessons and tips from your own MUN experience
- Develop relationships and manage publicity for conferences and clubs within a region
- Work on projects such as guides and resources that benefit the entire community
- Promote the Best Delegate brand, products, and services through marketing campaigns
- Engage and respond to readers via email, blog, forums, Facebook, and Twitter
- Identify opportunities to improve viewership and content based on analytical tools
- Assist with live blogging at conferences and other paid writing projects as needed
- Should already be a fan of Best Delegate and want to make a difference in Model UN
- Currently attending a top-tier university and active in Model UN. Exceptional high school students with college-level writing skills will also be considered.
- Prolific Model UN experience as both a delegate and conference organizer
- Highly connected in and knowledgeable about your primary Model UN region
- Exceptionally strong and professional in writing and editing in English
- Ability to prioritize multiple deadlines and work remotely and independently
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, or InDesign a plus
- Native or fluent in writing/typing the following languages will be highly considered: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, or Urdu.
Application Process: Highly qualified candidates should submit a resume and MUN-related writing sample (e.g. background guide or position paper) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 17, 2012. High potential candidates will be selected for a phone or Skype interview.