The World Federation of the United Nations Associations (WFUNA) is calling for Model United Nations trainers to apply to staff the WFUNA Youth Camp Korea from January 11-17, 2016!
The WFUNA Youth Camp Korea is a week-long residential Model UN camp for high school, middle school, and elementary school students in Korea. Trainers will help students learn about the United Nations, public speaking, research, consensus-based negotiation, and resolution-writing. The week culminates in a Model UN simulation using the UN4MUN Rules of Procedure. Best Delegate will lead the training.
Trainers must arrive by Friday, January 8. Staff training will take place from January 9-10. The camp takes place from January 11-17. Staff can depart starting in the afternoon of January 17. The camp will take place at Kyung Hee University Graduate Institute of Peace Studies.
Prior to the camp, we will host 1 online kickoff meeting. Trainers will receive materials via email that they are expected to review prior to arrival.
We are recruiting 20 university students and recent graduates to serve as Model UN trainers. We are specifically looking for 10 Korean-speaking trainers and 10 international trainers. In prior years, international trainers have come from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, India, and Peru. See specific responsibilities and qualifications below.
Interviews and staff selection will take place on a rolling basis, and the application may be closed before the deadline if all trainer positions have been filled.
Questions can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leading multiple public speaking practice sessions.
- Guiding students during research labs and providing feedback on position papers.
- Helping students understand the United Nations, post-2015 sustainable development, foreign policy, and consensus-based negotiation.
- Serving as a Secretary to an elected student Chair during the Model UN simulation.
- Facilitating a fun and educational environment through mentoring and icebreakers.
- Providing supervision and safety throughout the program.
- Attend 1 online training prior to the camp (in the month of December).
- Review training materials prior to the camp.
- Respond promptly to email communications prior to the camp.
- Book your flights to and from Seoul.
- University student or recent graduate.
- Experience in teaching or training high school, middle school, or elementary school students.
- Interest in teaching middle school is a plus.
- Expertise in Model UN public speaking, research, negotiation, and resolution writing.
- Knowledge of UN4MUN rules of procedure is a huge plus.
- Native or professional English language proficiency.
- Fluency in speaking and writing Korean is a plus.
- A focus on delivering the best educational experience for students, including a balance of a fun and engaging teaching style with the maturity to respond to behavioral or safety issues.
- Past experience working on programs with WFUNA, UNAs, Best Delegate, at actual UN meetings, with English as Second Language students, or with other residential camps will also be considered.
- Shares Best Delegate Core Values: Passion for MUN; Bring out the Best in our Students; Open to Feedback; and Professionalism
- Learn from and teach with staff from WFUNA and Best Delegate.
- Trainer Certificate from the WFUNA Secretary-General.
- Housing is covered throughout the training and camp dates (nights of January 8-16).
- Meals are covered throughout the camp dates (January 11-17).
- ₩200,000 stipend.