A few months ago, we posted an article from the Young Americans for Diplomatic Leadership seeking applications for the United States delegation to the G8/G20 Youth Summit. They just announced the official United States delegation, which plays host this summer in Washington DC, and we’re proud to point out that Model UN actives and alumni are well represented on the team. See the full team below!
- Nida Nizam (McGill University) will be serving as President of the United States of America. Nida previously served as Secretary-General of McMUN.
- Jasdeep Singh (Georgetown University) will be serving as Secretary of the Treasury. Jas was previously Chairman and CEO of the Georgetown International Relations Association (GIRA).
- Hayes Brown (Michigan State University) will be serving as the Attorney General. Hayes was previously Head Delegate for Michigan State and Secretary-General of UNA-USA’s GCIMUN.
- Laura Bernstein (Mount Holyoke College) will be serving as Secretary of Commerce. Laura was previously President of Mount Holyoke College Model UN.
- Abhi Goyal (College of William & Mary) will be serving as USAID Administrator. Abhi currently participates on the William & Mary Model UN team.
- Jeremy Ilouian (George Washington University) will be serving as EPA Administrator. Jeremy currently serves as the President of the George Washington International Affairs Society.
- Fred “Bo” Gilliam (Seton Hall University) will be serving as Chief of Staff. Bo currently volunteers in UNA-USA’s Global Classrooms programs and is on the Seton Hall Model UN team.
- Amy O’Hallaron (George Washington University) will be serving as Press Secretary. Amy currently participates on the George Washington University Model UN team.
The other members of the American delegation are Alex Bronzo (University of Maryland and IDC Herzliya) and Jon Askonas (Georgetown University).
Learn more about each member on the delegation here!